I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday! I was lucky to spend it in California with family and friends this year. After all of that turkey, Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping (if that’s your thing), and plenty of leftovers, Giving Tuesday is the perfect time to support others. Whether it’s a monetary donation or time spent as a volunteer, there are many ways we can give back. Here are some of my favorites:
- JDRF and ADA, two organizations close to my heart… and pancreas!
- Nine13sports, a nonprofit focused on improving the health and wellness of children through innovative cycling programs
- Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana, helping Hoosiers with their next meal
- Indy Family Foundation, a fund assisting those in need within the motorsports community
- FIRST, inspiring young people to get involved in science, engineering and technology through fun programs like robotics
What are some of your favorite charities and organizations to support year-round? Tell me on my Facebook page!